Monday, June 23, 2008

Santa Barbara...

At the beginning of June, we decided to take a short trip to Santa Barbara. Neither of us had seen the area before and we both wanted to get a couple of days away from our home to focus on Jakey and make some last minute "Three Amigos" memories.

We stayed at a hotel in Oxnard - which was right on the beach! Too bad it was too cold to go into the ocean! But the boys enjoyed some good swim time in the pool. They also had bike rentals, so we rented a surry and biked around for a couple of hours. Jacob loved his special seat in the front!

We packed a lunch on the surry and found a little park to eat at. This also gave the boys some much needed run-around time. I happily sat on a bench and enjoyed watching my two favorite boys play!
The highlight for Jacob was going to Ventura and finding a mini-golf course. This was Jacob's first experience with mini-golfing and he has NOT STOPPED talking about it since! His ball, he tells us regularly, was the green one.

One afternoon, we headed to the warf at Santa Barbara. We had a great seafood lunch, watched a man fish and pull up rays (he pulled TWO over 100 lbs that day!), and then hit the Sea Center. Jacob wasn't too into touching things, but he did like the puppet show area!
Here is a picture of Daddy playing with Jacob and the puppets. There is little better than watching Daddy's play with their kids. I am TRULY blessed to have such FUN boys in my life!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love this last picture. AND I might add that Jacob is looking taller. I can hardly wait to see him again and to meet his little brother.-Grammy

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany