Monday, April 07, 2008

Jacob has certainly become a "big boy" in the last couple of weeks. He turned TWO - it's amazing how fast those two years have gone! Jacob's personality has grown too. Here is a snapshot of what we get to enjoy each and every day.

Mom: Jakey, you how old are you?
Jacob: Um....I old.
Mom: Are you two years old?
Jacob: Um.....how 'bout five?
Mom: No, silly, you are two!
Jacob: Um....how 'bout eight?
Mom: You are two, remember your birthday party?
Jacob: BIRTHDAY PARTY?!!? Yeah, I two.

Yesterday was bye-bye-paci day. After several days of letting him know it was coming, we picked out two balloons (orange and green - Jacob's pick). We took the balloons to the park, tied paci to the balloons and.....

Paci was too heavy.

So, we ran after paci (this is a fun game, Mom!) who was floating in the wind (but not UP!) and rescued paci. Needless to say, this was NOT how we planned things. Thankfully Dad had a pocket knife on him, so we were able to do some slight modifications to paci while Jacob was distracted. Paci was much lighter, so we were able to launch paci again and watch it go "up, up, up, bye-bye".

We anticipated no sleep last night...but I am happy to report that Jacob actually went to sleep without much fussing at all. And he is still asleep as I type this at 7am! I am so thankful for my little guy who is embracing becoming a "big boy" even when it is hard. And I am also thankful for an uninterrupted night's sleep. God is good!! :)

We'll see what nap-time today brings...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such good news of a good start. I hope the nap goes well. That sure was a creative idea of how to lose a pacey. Grammy

jhoch said...

Thanks for the new post, Brianne! How are you feeling?

Pam said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob. You know, Joshua was pretty convinced that he was "four" after his second birthday. He now knows "I two." And anytime we mention that it is someones birthday he asks for cake.

Glad to hear that the first post-paci night went so well!!

Kate said...

Yippee!! New pics and updates :) A birthday AND good bye paci ... what a crazy time! I'm glad you are doing well. Those 2 year pics are SOOO cute ... he is good in front of the camera, even at the studio! :) Good thought on saying good bye to the paci with the balloons! I'm glad that he is doing well w/o it too ... I hope he continues with that. How is mommy-to-be-again feeling?

Andie said...

love the passy ceremony....
ru's answer to all personal questions is....
"uh...two!"

what's your name? 2!!

what's your dolls name? uh...2!!

(now we have dollies named TU-la and lilah inspired by this common answer)

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany